Tuesday, July 22, 2008

About the graphic novels in the library

Ever since I registered to be a member of Queens Borough Public Library back on Tuesday, June 24, 2008, I’ve borrowed many volumes of different types of books.

However, I will have to say that I enjoyed reading the graphic novels and trade paperbacks more so than the regular text only books. After all, visual sequential art is enjoyable and can keep your attention, more so when the story is well done.

I have read the following graphic novels:

Stephen King’s Dark Tower by Peter David
The Flash: Rogues by Geoff Johns
Runaways Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan
Phoenix Endsong by Greg Pak
JLA: Crisis of Conscience by Geoff Johns & Allan Heinberg
Batman Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb
Batman Hush Vol. 1 & Vol. 2
Daredevil: Hell to Pay Vol.1 by Ed Brubaker
Y: The Last Man Vol. 1, Vol.4, Vol. 5, & Vol.6

And I’ll probably talk about some of the reading materials above in the future, as well as some of the items below.

And I have a lot more reading material from the library. I cannot believe the amount of material available to borrow from the library.

I have the following at home to read:

Liberty Meadows (three volumes) by Frank Cho
Daredevil (three volumes) by Brian Bendis
JLA (one volume) by Grant Morrison
Y: The Last Man (one volume) by Brian K. Vaughan

There are many more items on request as well. The maximum you can borrow is 50 items on your card. Each item has a term of 3 weeks per borrowing time. They can be renewed 5 more times with 3 weeks each renewal time, with the exception if the item is on request by another registered member.

Boy I could really have saved some money on some of the items if I rediscovered the library sooner. But it’s better late than never.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

deixe o link completo la no blog lindinha... sem http muitos ficam com preguiça de procurar